November 17, 2013

Help the Hayain (Yolanda) Victims in The Philippines - #HelpThePhilippines


I want to announce with this press release that I will stop all of Film Focus publications for 2013. The events of last Friday on Philippine soil made me to make this drastic measure. Explaining what and how I am link to the Philippines is right now superfluous and not relevant so I don’t want to deviate from the main objective of this entry.

First of all, I would like to express my deepest condolences to those who lost family members, friends, neighbors, and co-workers due to Typhoon Haiyan.

As its worldwide knows Typhoon Haiyan swept thought the Philippines leaving behind thousands missing, millions of people displaced and an estimated death toll of hundreds of thousands. Several cities were completely destroyed and survivors wander thought the streets searching for water and food.

I don't know if there is anybody who can understand what is Filipino people through. The tragedy not only affected those who were directly affected but also brought worry and distress to the million of Filipinos who work in cities like Manila, because they have relatives and friends in the affected areas.

As it should happen in all natural disasters it’s extremely important that Nations put aside any hostility and try to help those in need. This is why I will release a list of places where we can help with donations. Little as they may be it would mean a lot for those who lost everything.

I want apologize the readers of the blog but I think right now it’s more important to share this information and put it in the front page. I want to thank the Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines in Buenos Aires for providing me with the information about where to donate. I want to send a big and affectionate hug to the entire Filipino people.

Thank you very much for your time. Magsama-sama, magpakatatag!

Sebastián Nadilo
(Writer and Editor of Film Focus)




(Disclaimer: This is a crowdsourced list. Please do your due diligence and ask before you give any money)

No comments:

Post a Comment